There’s a lot of talk within the sector around strength based practice and asset based work, but what does it mean to really work in a genuinely person-led way?
Based on years of experience developing a whole systems approach to strength based work, we are delighted to present System Reflect, a one day session that shares the learning (and sometimes the pain) of developing and delivering the Personal Transitions Service, a highly personalised, grassroots approach that places power and control in the hands of the people, not the system.
This session is experiential and allows for reflection on the current deficit based system, debunks some of the myths around people going through tough times. It aims to challenge mind-sets and behaviours around ‘fixing’ and power dynamics, explores how strength based approaches work in practice and how internal culture and external systems need to change to create the environment for people to genuinely take the lead.
- Reflection on the current deficit/ needs based system
- Overview, background and development of the Personal Transitions Service
- Reflection on the effects of the current system for the people we work with
- Fixing and segregation
- Strength based, person-led approach in practice
- Internal culture
- Contributing to wider systemic change
- Increased understanding of a Personalised, Strength Based and Transitional approach and how this works in practice
- Mind-set and behavioural shifts in how to work with people going through tough times
- Increased understanding of internal culture change necessary to create the right environment for strength based practice to flourish
- Knowledge of need for wider systemic change and how you can contribute to this
Who’s it for?
- Frontline Workers
- Senior Managers
- Marketing and Fundraising Teams
- Housing Teams
- Anyone who has a passion for systems change!