Mayday Board Trustee Member
Mayday Trust are keen to increase the impact of our work and as such are looking to recruit up to five trustees to join our board. It is important to us that we reflect the communities we seek to support through tough times and we are dedicated to building diversity of representation, ideas and experiences on our board of trustees. We are interested in who you are and the ideas and experiences that you can bring, so you do not necessarily need prior board experience, we are happy to support you to learn about the role with us.
We are particularly keen to increase the diversity of the board, and to boost our board’s skills in the areas of:
- Generating both commercial and fundraised income
- Charity finance
- Marketing and communications
- Rights, empowerment and coproduction, including Trustees who may have their own experiences of going through tough times
- Influencing local and national government
Mayday is an organisation with a network of passionate social activists working to bring about systemic change, whilst offering people going through tough times such as homelessness, leaving care, coming out of prison or experiencing emotional trauma, person-led and strength-based support through its PTS Response.
Your general duties as a Board member include:
- Attending four Board meetings a year (currently three virtual and one face to face) and one face to face away day with the team.
- If you join the Finance and Investment Committee, this also has four (virtual) meetings a year. This committee looks at budgets and financial performance in more detail, and informs the wider board about progress and any issues and major financial decisions.
- Helping to develop the Impact Plan, ensuring that the Board and Leadership Team set challenging goals and objectives and monitoring if we are meeting those targets.
- Monitoring the performance of the Leadership Team.
- Taking part in the recruitment of the CEO and other senior posts.
- Ensuring that the Board always acts in the best interests of the people we work with, Mayday’s Team and our communities and the wider public.
- Ensuring you are up-to-date with developments in the sector and the responsibilities of the Trustee role, and being willing to develop your skills and knowledge to do so.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form (link below) and submit the completed version to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close: Wednesday 29th June 2022. We will be inviting successful applicants to an initial informal 10-minute discussion on Monday 4th July, initially via video call.