Be the Change – A fresh approach to young people going through tough times
Mayday Trust is proud to be working alongside First for Wellbeing CIC and Bridges Fund Management to deliver a new project Be the Change with young people going through tough times in Northamptonshire. Mayday Trust will provide their innovative Personal Transitions Service alongside good quality accommodation.
Who is Be the Change for?
Mayday will be working with young people (aged 18-30) who are
- Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET)
- Homeless, but not in priority need, or
- A priority for Local Authority support but unable to be accommodated in a supported housing scheme due to:
- Previous difficulties in or eviction from supported housing
- Ongoing substance misuse
- Significant mental health issues
- Medium/low learning disability or ‘personality disorders’ but not eligible under the Fair Access to Care Services (FACS) criteria
- Lack of available specialist supported accommodation to step down from registered care or hospital.