Freelance Associates Opportunity
Location: Remote with some travel required across the UK
Hours negotiated on a project by project basis
(typical commitment ranges from 1-3 days per week over 3-12 weeks)
£ Fees negotiable
We have exciting new projects and partnerships in the pipeline and we are looking for new freelance associates to join our team on a flexible basis. The projects centre on Strategic Advice, offered to local authorities, health bodies and delivery organisations across homelessness services, health, criminal justice and mental health, focusing on changing to a strength based, person led system. A typical commitment ranges from 1-3 days per week over 3-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
It is likely that you will take on an advice offer alongside our Director and will be required to work one or two days a week over 12 weeks. We have work available now, and anticipate further projects to come online later in the year, so are keen to build a team of associates ready to work alongside us as projects develop.
We are open to ideas to expand our offer in partnership with people with specific skills.
Mayday is looking for someone who has a passion for social justice, shares our values and can demonstrate the following skills:
- An ability to engage and communicate across multiple levels of Local Government, NHS and provider organisations.
- An ability to lead projects, self-manage, use initiative and adapt to evolving requirements and demands.
- Strong project management skills, working to deadlines and monitoring budgets alongside the budget holder.
- A creative and solution-focused mindset
- A commitment to openly sharing learning and practice and an ability to ask for help and help others.
- Experience working with diverse groups across multiple locations/geographies in the UK
- An understanding of ethical storytelling, safeguarding and informed consent
- A sense of fun
Equity and inclusion
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the communities we work with in the UK. We are actively seeking freelancers with lived or professional experience of social justice issues, particularly experience of navigating or working alongside those trying to navigate homelessness. We seek people from diverse ethnic backgrounds, disabled people, people from LGBTQ+ communities and people from all education and class backgrounds.
We support the Disability Confident scheme and we are open to making reasonable adjustments to the application and interview process to ensure that everyone who is interested can apply. Please use the contact details above to discuss this with us.
We can also discuss any relevant practical or other assistance which would support your application. Please get in contact.
How to Apply
If you think you’d like to work with us and have a good mix of skills and experiences to offer please download the full brief below and get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- A recent CV
- A brief cover letter outlining
- Who you are and why you are interested in joining the Mayday team
- How your skills and experience reflect what we are looking for and which of the roles you think best fits you
- Any relevant examples or materials you can share relating to relevant projects
- Your availability – e.g. what types of work/engagement you are interested in being considered for
- Your target day rate
Closing date: Midday Friday 29th July 2022
This post is subject to an Enhanced Level Disclosure & Barring Service check