Fulltime (part-time arrangements of four days per week considered)
Mayday Trust is an organisation with a network of passionate social activists working to bring about systemic change, whilst offering people going through tough times such as homelessness, leaving care, coming out of prison or experiencing emotional trauma, support through its Person-led, Transitional and Strength-based (PTS) Response.
Mayday is also part of the New System Alliance, which is a UK wide partnership working to challenge and change the failing support systems that people encounter when going through tough times.
As Mayday has recently changed its business model, our part-time Finance Director moving on to a new role, and with the appointment of a new CEO, we have identified some support needs for our finance team and some areas of financial management and strategy which we want to update. We have agreed on the need for a new approach to preparing the board and we are approaching year-end and budget setting.
This role is full time (but part-time arrangements of four days per week considered), starting ideally mid-January, and is a 3 – 6 month assignment, subject to review.
The main tasks:
- To take overall responsibility for all aspects of the day to day finance, reporting and compliance and risk management
- A detailed review of financial governance
- Update financial management reporting to SMT and board and review board accounting pack to improve KPIs
- Preparing statutory accounts in accordance with the Companies Acts and Charity SORP
- Restricted and unrestricted income and funds management
- Reserves and investment management and options appraisal, including options for two owned properties
- Budget creation for 22/23 with the senior team
- Reviewing VAT position of the organisation (in liaison with VAT expert)
- Supporting the learning and development of the finance manager, and the financial awareness of the wider management team; capturing changes in new or updated policies and procedures
- Working with the Board and Finance Committee and contributing to the senior team
The person we are looking for will be:
- Experienced in senior financial management within the Charity sector
- A qualified accountant
- Up to date with knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory regime, including SORP
- Happy to provide hands-on support and is comfortable working at an operational level, as well as providing strategic financial leadership to the senior team and support to the Board
- Confident in taking a facilitative and coaching approach to working with senior and middle managers, and to embedding financial awareness and devolved budget management to the organisation
An experienced Finance Manager and Finance Assistant will be available to offer support.
Please express your interest in this role, enclosing a CV and a covering letter setting out why you want and are suitable for the role, by 5 pm on January 21st 2022 via email to Alex Fox, CEO, Mayday Trust, on email@example.com. If you wish to discuss the role, please email or call Alex on 07816 603847.