An opportunity to smash the ‘box’ to pieces and delve into an entirely different way of responding to people going through tough times
There’s a lot of talk around strength-based practice and asset-based work, but what does it mean to really work in a way that creates an environment where people have choice and control over their lives?
An overview of System Reflect:
Based on years of experience developing a whole systems approach to strength-based work, we are delighted to present System Reflect, a two-day session that shares the learning (and sometimes the pain) of developing and delivering the Person-led, Transitional and Strength-based (PTS) Response, which creates an environment where people going through tough times have choice and control over their lives.
This session is experiential and allows for reflection on the current deficit-based system, debunking some of the myths around people going through tough times. It aims to challenge mindsets and behaviours around ‘fixing’ and power dynamics; It also explores how strength-based approaches work in practice and how internal culture and external systems need to change to create an environment for people to genuinely take the lead.
Feedback from System Reflect sessions so far:
“I left with a very different perspective on my role in the system. It was challenging, but energising at the same time”
“It was great to connect with others who were passionate about creating change.”
“The sessions were really eye opening to the impact we have on others.”
“It was great to have the space to look at the bigger picture and not get bogged down in the day to day.”
- Reflection on the current deficit-based system and its impact on people going through tough times
- Overview, background and development of the PTS Response
- Explore fixing, segregation and barriers created by systems
- The PTS Response in practice
- The importance of strength-based culture within organisations
- The need for wider systemic change
- Have an improved understanding of current deficit systems and approaches
- Develop an awareness of barriers created by systems and their impact
- Gain an insight into what was heard from people experiencing systems
- Understand how the PTS Response was developed and the benefits for people experiencing tough times
- Discover the PTS Principles and how they can inform your work
- Discover your role in systems change
Who is System Reflect for:
Anyone who has a passion for systems change! This could be, but not limited to:
- Practitioners working with people experiencing tough times
- ManagersSenior Managers
- Marketing and Fundraising Teams
To find out more about these sessions, including the cost and availability, please get in touch by emailing SystemReflect@MaydayTrust.org.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please note that due to current circumstances these sessions are taking place online – but don’t worry, they’re just as fun!