Work with us!
Mayday Trust is a dynamic force working to create systems change to build a person-led, transitional and strengths-based approach to supporting people through tough times. We’re both walking alongside people facing challenging circumstances, influencing sector change and developing partnerships with like-minded organisations to create a network of system changers. It’s an exciting time to join us. We’re blazing a trail and we are looking for brave, vibrant, enthusiastic people to join us to deliver our plan for the future.
Equity and inclusion
Mayday Trust believes that the failing systems around tough times are damaging to everyone, but that damage is not experienced in the same way. Whether it is due to race, gender, disability, sexuality or how individuals may identify, broken systems make life harder for anyone who doesn’t conform to what is seen as ‘standard’. We recognise that to truly create a radical and impactful organisation we need a staff team that is representative of all of the communities we look to support and we are committed to supporting and encouraging applications from groups underrepresented in the charitable sector.
We support the Disability Confident scheme and we are open to making reasonable adjustments to our application and interview process to ensure that everyone who is interested in our opportunities can apply. Please speak to us if you would like to discuss assistance that would make your journey to joining us more accessible.
What do our team say about working here?
“I’m most proud of creating a safe non-judgmental space where people feel comfortable sharing what they’ve been through and their hopes and dreams moving forward.” Mel
“I am proud every time a person trusts me a little more.” Meg
“One thing I want to celebrate is the human spirit. We get to mirror back someone’s courage, joy and previous strides so that they can be reminded of how amazing and strong they are. And then we get to witness and celebrate their achievements.” Jhoana
“I have never worked in such a person-led, human environment before. I know that sounds silly – we are all humans – but usually processes and policies turn you into employee numbers and outputs. Not here. I am celebrated for being my whole self and that is so freeing.” Ciara
“What I love about being part of Mayday is that I can bring my whole self to work, being brave is essential/not optional, everyone wants to learn and unlearn by truly listening, failure is part of the process.” Catherine
Benefits of working with us:
We are building a culture where we all feel valued. This is person-led and changing, but you can expect:
- A clear and competitive salary paid monthly in arrears
- A certified disability confident employer who will work with you to understand and support any accessibility requirements
- Access to private medical cover which allows you to reclaim expenses for medical services such as dental, chiropractic, optical, counselling and therapeutic options, also offering legal advice, training and retailer discounts.
- Paid sick leave which extends with your years of service.
- Pension enrolment, Life assurance and Death in Service benefits.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay benefits (exact timings during your journey are laid out in our internal policy which we are happy to share), and adoption or surrogacy leave.
- Access to training materials and opportunity to contribute to helping to evolve our growing training and development offer.
- 26 days annual leave (pro rata for part time posts) plus bank holidays, increasing up to a maximum of 30 days with length of service. An additional day off for your birthday.
- Genuine flexible working options.
Below you will find our current vacancies and tender opportunities, however if you don’t see what you are looking for and are interested in joining the Mayday team we would still like to hear from you, so please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org