About Mayday Trust
Mayday Trust transformed itself from a traditional charity providing supported accommodation services, to a nationally-recognised voice for radical systems change. When Mayday heard from people that traditional services were failing to help and they were becoming trapped in broken systems, Mayday set about to transform the services it offered.
From here, Mayday developed strengths-based, person-led coaching for people experiencing tough times, such as homelessness or leaving care. It has used the learning and values of this approach to help organisations and local areas to redesign public service systems around practical strengths-based ways of working. This way of working alongside people is now recognised as the PTS Response – person-led, transitional and strengths-based: returning control to people to shape their own futures.
This change didn’t happen overnight. It required time to listen to people experiencing support systems and Mayday continues to listen, learn and develop its approach, so it can remain relevant to people who need it and challenge and change broken systems.
Organisations and individuals are invited to work alongside Mayday to develop and deliver their own strengths-based approach. You can find out more here
Mayday is also proud to be a partner of the New System Alliance – a network of organisations and individuals working to change systems that surround tough times. You can sign-up free today for the latest news, resources and events.
The systemic institutionalisation of people accessing support services.
A world where systems work for people going through tough times.
To model a person-led, transitional and strength-based system alongside people going through tough times and to build a movement of people and organisations to change the current deficit-based systems.
The three core principles of our work are:
Listening deeply: Using our Wisdoms methodology, we aim to be led by people going through tough times and what matters most to them.
Offering the PTS response to why not look here individuals: We work directly with people going through tough times in using our person-led, transitional and strengths-based response, and we support other organisations to adopt and develop the PTS.
Influencing through doing and connecting: We demonstrate how to think and work differently, and we re-design local systems and national policy, with partners including the New System Alliance.
- PEOPLE LED In everything we do: we are led by people going through tough times.
- STRENGTHS-BASED We always look for people’s strengths and potential in our work, our recruitment and how we work together as a team.
- CHANGE MAKERS We are radical, creative and imagine a very different future, while always being willing to meet people where they are.
- KIND AND CURIOUS We are never afraid to challenge others and ourselves, but we do so with kindness and humility. We are curious and want to learn. We take risks, get things wrong and are open to change.
- RESILIENT We are brave, we persevere and we aim to build our own and others’ resilience. We keep our promises and we don’t give up on people when others write them off.
- INCLUSIVE We are committed to building the inclusiveness and diversity of our team and our work. We challenge oppression and build equality wherever we can.