A brand new network for organisations and practitioners who are working in a strengths-based way and looking to transform the systems that surround public services, so that people accessing them can take back control of their lives and futures.
People seeking support often become trapped in services and face barriers created by the systems that have been set up to help them. Traditional support services focus on people’s weaknesses and the problems they are facing, and the support is based on the service’s priorities, not the person’s.
To change this, organisations and practitioners in the Mayday Strengths-based Network are modelling a different approach with people who are seeking support. Our approach focuses on forming a trusting relationship with people, focusing on their strengths, potential, and aspirations, and empowering them to challenge and change what’s not working for them.
Creating change alone can be tough, but by joining the Mayday Strengths-based Network, your practitioners will be supported to develop their practice, grow in confidence and be nurtured by a community of like-minded peers. Working as a network means your voice and the experience of the people you work with is louder, giving us a shared platform to influence systems change for the better.
Benefits of joining the Network
Our member benefits include:
- Access to like-minded individuals in a Community of Practice founded on these four cornerstones;
- Practice Development: Sharing practical resources and learning from our shared practice
- Systems Influencing: Exploring how we can influence other local organisations to become more aligned with the strengths-based approach
- Data & Impact: Tips, tools and learning about how to measure outcomes, generate evidence and demonstrate impact
- Culture & Well-being: Strengths-based working can be challenging; we will share experiences of creating safe, inclusive and high-performing teams, spaces and working cultures
- Access to our Network Hub, an online space that hosts an interactive library, Mayday policies and PTS Framework, a Strengths-based FAQ page, training materials and more!
- Quarterly member Network events
- An online forum via the Network Slack to exchange ideas, share challenges and improve practice
- Monthly practitioner-focused ‘PTS Community’ meetings
- Online community spaces specifically for Managers and Senior Leaders
- A monthly Network Newsletter which will include news and updates, the latest podcasts, blogs, poems and lots of other brilliant strengths-based content
- Optional digital meet-ups, where you will have the opportunity to be connected one-to-one with another member and grow your professional network
Who is the Network for?
It is an organisational membership network, suitable for practitioners in support worker or coaching roles, as well as service managers and senior leaders who would like to embed strengths-based working across their service/organisation.